We are a small but growing international team with backgrounds spanning architecture, 3D-graphics, cleantech, and physics. We are empathic, ambitious, and seriously passionate about user experience.
At Vyer we are radically improving how buildings are maintained and operated. We make it easy to organize and find information about everything indoors. Our goal is to make the interior of our buildings organized and searchable, just like the streets of our cities. The result is more efficient use of time and resources, and more joyful working experiences.
We have the grand ambition of our product being used for most buildings in the world, and for us the past year has been filled with confirmation that we are building a service with great applications and customer interest. As an early team member you will have great impact on the product and the company, and be part of our journey ahead.
What you will work with
As a member of our small but growing development team you will primarily work on the backend systems. Currently we are in an exciting phase where we have a lot of new features in the pipeline, as well as scaling and optimization to be done, and breaking out of some core components into separate internal services.
Our main day-to-day challenge is constructing a modern and delightful user experience around some of our core features:
- Browsing indoor maps with 2D/3D geometry
- Searching and creating objects, metadata, pictures, and comments in indoor locations
- Integrating and vizualizing static and real-time data from APIs and sensors
On the backend, delivering these features involves everything from geometry conversions, integrations with external APIs, and serving requests from our client app.
We currently build on top of React, Relay, GraphQL, node.js, and PostgreSQL, together with three.js, Material UI, and Typescript. We use Redis for caching and Google cloud for file storage and Kubernetes management, but are in theory still cloud provider agnostic.
We try to keep our technology stack lean, while also constantly be on the lookout for better tools and components. We strive for simplicity, pragmatism, flexibility, and modernity in our technology choices. This makes us able to provide a great developer experience and move fast.
On a day-to-day basis, you will do some of our most important work:
- Discuss new product features with the rest of the team and how their implementation could work
- Architect and build reliable, maintainable, and performant backend services
- Design data models that strike a good balance between clarity, future-proofing, and versatility
- Tweak our monitoring and deployment infrastructure to make sure that we have a top-notch developer experience
You probably have
- Multi-year experience developing scalable backend services and APIs.
- Experience working with Node.js, databases and search, caching, infrastructure-as-code, and Kubernetes
- Great sense of good-enough solutions and you are always thinking about trade-offs
- Some interest in and knowlege of information security
It would be awesome if you have
- Worked at a startup or in a similar fast-moving organization
- Experience working with distributed systems, GraphQL, and realtime APIs
- Developed software with prominent search-based features
Does it sound like a good fit for you? Let’s get connected!